Front End Design Conference – Matthew Carver – Contextually Aware Web Design
- Responsive web design is all about being contextually aware
- What is contextual awareness?
- Clippy is bad contextual software. Google does it well.
- Environment: Where and when is the user?
- Technology: What device is the user visiting with?
- A contextual breakpoint is the point at which the context of a website has changed
- Contextual breakpoints should be either true or false
- A pointer is used to define the target area covered by a pointing device
- The Internet of Things still needs the Internet